Home | deutsch | Legals | Sitemap | KIT

Before the admission

Applying for your field of study

You will only be accepted by the Studienkolleg, if you have a valid admission issued by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). Send your application to the International Office of the university.

Please do not send any applications to the Studienkolleg directly!


Foreign applicants for university studies, whose certificates allow for direct access to a university in Germany, have to prove their knowledge of the German language. This can be done through the "Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang" (DSH, German language university entrance examination).

If you cannot study directly, you will have to pass the Feststellungsprüfung (FP entrance examination testing the ability to take up studies at a German university) prior to studying at the university. 

As soon as you are admitted to the university, the International Office will inform you about the examination you'll need to take.

The examination will depend on your certificates and the subject you wish to study.

The International Office of the university will then register you with the Studienkolleg for the Feststellungsprüfung (FP), or the German Language University Entrance Examination (DSH), or the preparatory courses of the Studienkolleg.